Oxfam and LSES completed an advanced 3-day training on solar pumping held in Chtaura for lebanese water establishements engineers and operators. The training was a great success and our national water establishment managers got to know more about solar integration possibilities.
The training was conducted by the Lebanese Solar Energy Society(LSES) and Oxfam global solar and in coordination with Bekaa Water Establishment from May 29,2019 to May 31,2019.
The objectives of the training was to increase the capacity of the participants to be able to:
- Assess the feasibility of installing solar water pumping system.
- Able to differentiate between different type of solar systems and when to use these different types.
- Assess the main steps of project development and implementation for solar water pumping.
- Assess existing solar water pumping systems
- Compare different type of solar systems
- Become familiar with risk in implementation and mitigation
- Become familiar with solar water pumping design software.
- Become familiar with specifications to support solar water pumping tender processes.
- Understand operation and maintenance needs for solar water pumping.